Mayo Clinic created Lucem Health in 2021 with its investor partners Commure (a General Catalyst company) and Rally Ventures, along with our founding team. Our mission is to help make clinical AI useful and effective in the real world so it can fulfill its promise to revolutionize care delivery and outcomes. Our vision is a world in which clinicians interact seamlessly with technology to diagnose diseases before they become life threating and provide patients with the best care, everywhere.
Our platform connects patient telemetry and other data with powerful, clinically focused AI algorithms and other advanced tools. We deliver the insights generated by these tools seamlessly into clinical workflows… to the right stakeholder, in the right place, in the right context, at the right time. And, we help clinicians and other stakeholders engage with, understand, trust, and adopt these tools so they see them as valuable partners that support better care and outcomes for patients.
We are neutral and agnostic. We don’t make devices, algorithms, or applications: we are passionate about making innovation possible by bridging the gaps between them.
We are just getting started and we’re looking for fellow travelers who share our passion and want to take the journey with us.
Product is the center of what we do. By building great products that “do the jobs” our customers need and expect them to do, we will go a long way to fulfilling our mission. If you are passionate about creating the foundation for highly differentiated products that delight customers and win in the market, our Product Director role may be for you.
Our Product Director will be able to effortlessly glide between the strategic and the tactical as required. They will be just as comfortable in the market – with customers, users, prospects, and thought leaders – as they are working collaboratively with internal engineering, marketing, sales, and customer success stakeholders. They will have well-developed business acumen and will have a strong understanding of how technology platforms that support great products get envisioned, built, and taken to market. They will sweat the details and care deeply about quality.
- Help develop and evolve, with our CTO and CEO, our vision and strategy for one or more offerings, products, or components
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for the offerings, products, or components
- Develop and maintain the business case for investing in the offerings, products, or components
- Be actively engaged with the market: with customers, prospective customers, and competitive intelligence
- Lead, and engage closely with, the process of envisioning, scoping, designing, and developing requirements for new platform features
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure that they support and are bought into our platform development initiatives
- Work with sales and marketing to position, launch, and achieve market traction for new platform features
- Support, as required, early product adoption, including directly supporting early sales
- Ensure that engineering has what it needs to successfully build compelling platform features
- Identify and help implement agile product management principles and processes that engage stakeholders, increase end-to-end productivity, and deliver quality
- Set clear financial, usage, engagement, quality, and other, measurable, goals for the platform and feel a strong sense of accountability for achieving them
This position can be remote but the Charlotte, NC, or Raleigh NC, areas are preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- 7+ years of product management experience at a commercial software vendor
- 5+ years of product management experience at a healthcare data integration, data management, or data platform company (or similar)
- Strong knowledge of healthcare data standards, privacy and usage constraints, data protection, etc.
- A strong understanding of agile product management best practices, with experience implementing them
- A strong understanding of the strategic and tactical elements of the Pragmatic Marketing framework (or similar), with relevant execution experience
- Enough technical knowledge and experience to engage productively with engineering’s process of architecting, estimating, and planning product and feature development
- Enough go-to-market knowledge and experience to engage productively with marketing and sales’ process of positioning, generating demand for, and selling our products
- A servant leadership mindset: sees the team’s success as their success
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and independently
- A demonstrated ability to learn challenging or complex new domains, patterns, models, and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills