Mayo Clinic created Lucem Health in 2021 with its investor partners Commure (a General Catalyst company) and Rally Ventures, along with our founding team. Our mission is to help make clinical AI useful and effective in the real world so it can fulfill its promise to revolutionize care delivery and outcomes. Our vision is a world in which clinicians interact seamlessly with technology to diagnose diseases before they become life threatening and provide patients with the best care, everywhere.
Our platform connects patient telemetry and other data with powerful, clinically focused AI algorithms and other advanced tools. We deliver the insights generated by these tools seamlessly into clinical workflows… to the right stakeholder, in the right place, in the right context, at the right time. We help clinicians and other stakeholders engage with, understand, trust, and adopt these tools so they see them as valuable partners that support better care and outcomes for patients.
We are neutral and agnostic. We don’t make devices, algorithms, or applications: we are passionate about making innovation possible by bridging the gaps between them.
We are just getting started and we’re looking for fellow travelers who share our passion and want to take the journey with us.
Product is the center of what we do. By building great products that “do the jobs” our customers need and expect them to do, we will go a long way to fulfilling our mission. If you are passionate about creating the foundation for highly differentiated products that delight customers and win in the market, our Product Owner role may be for you.
As a Product Owner at Lucem Health, you will focus on the execution of the product roadmap and the product support needs of stakeholders. Our Product Owner will define, analyze, and document the functional requirements for different components of Lucem Health’s platform. This role will set, prioritize, and evaluate the work of Lucem’s engineering team to ensure impeccable feature and functionality delivery. You will transform product leadership’s high-level vision into detailed requirements. To do this, you’ll work closely with a range of product stakeholders, including other POs and Product Directors, designers, security, engineering, operations, quality, legal, and marketing.
Our Product Owner will be able to effortlessly glide between the strategic and the tactical as required. They will be just as comfortable in the market – with customers, users, prospects, and thought leaders – as they are working collaboratively with internal engineering, marketing, sales, and customer success stakeholders. They will have well-developed business acumen and will have a strong understanding of how technology platforms that support great products get envisioned, built, and taken to market. They will sweat the details and care deeply about quality.
- Help develop and evolve, with our VP of Product and Product Directors, our vision and strategy for one or more offerings, products, or components
- Lead, and engage closely with, the process of envisioning, scoping, designing, and developing requirements and user stories for new platform features
- Own product launch readiness and drive product execution: day to day planning, scrum tasks, UAT testing, and release coordination.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure that they support and are bought into our platform development initiatives
- Work with sales and marketing to position, launch, and achieve market traction for new platform features
- Support, as required, early product adoption, including directly supporting early sales
- Be an active member of the product development team working closely with engineers to prepare backlogs, properly prioritize items, and work together to build compelling platform features
- Identify and help implement agile product management principles and processes that engage stakeholders, increase end-to-end productivity, and deliver quality
- Maintain regular communication with key team members across the Operations and Technology organizations.
- Own, refine, organize, and make transparent product backlogs
- Develop data driven insights and partner with Product Directors to identify opportunities and make data driven prioritization decisions.
This position can be remote, but the Raleigh, NC or New York City areas are preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous working experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner for 5+ years at a healthcare technology, data integration, or data platform company (or similar)
- Strong knowledge of healthcare data standards, privacy and usage constraints, data protection, etc.
- A strong understanding of agile product management best practices, with experience implementing them · A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field or equivalent related experience
- A servant leadership mindset: sees the team’s success as their success
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and independently
- A demonstrated ability to learn challenging or complex new domains, patterns, models, and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of clinical workflows and personas to understand the needs of clinical end-users
- Technical knowledge and experience to engage productively with engineering’s process of architecting, estimating, and planning product and feature development
- Go-to-market knowledge and experience to engage productively with marketing and sales’ process of positioning, generating demand for, and selling our products