Mayo Clinic created Lucem Health in 2021 with its investor partners Rally Ventures and Commure (a General Catalyst company), along with the founding team. Our mission is to revolutionize care delivery through the practical application of clinical AI; our vision is a world in which clinicians detect problems before they become life threatening and patients get world class care, everywhere.
Our platform connects patient data from varied sources with powerful, clinically focused AI algorithms and other advanced tools. We deliver the insights generated by these tools seamlessly into clinical workflow: to the right stakeholder, in the right place, in the right context, at the right time. And we help clinicians and other stakeholders engage with, understand, trust, and adopt these tools so they see them as valuable partners that support better care and outcomes for patients. We are neutral and agnostic. We don’t make devices, algorithms, or applications: we are passionate about making innovation possible by bridging the gaps between them.
Solutions implement Lucem Health’s product capabilities to deliver specific and measurable clinical value propositions and financial benefits to our customers. Lucem Health Solutions allow our customers to deliver care more productively and effectively, improve patient outcomes, enable clinicians to practice at their licenses, and more fully utilize their care delivery resources.
As Solution Manager, you lead the creation, design, continuous improvement, and expansion of clinical AI solutions built on the Lucem Health Platform. You identify market needs and collaborate with Lucem’s business development, product, and engineering teams to construct differentiated, packaged innovations. You develop measures of success for our solutions and share market learnings with the product and engineering teams to inform the solution strategy and development process. You support the commercial success of market solutions by building compelling demonstrations, working with marketing and sales to create sales enablement tools, training customer-facing teams, and collaborating on proactive customer expansion programs.
- Master the ways that Lucem Health’s products, services, and partners (value propositions, key capabilities, features, functions, etc.) can be assembled to create compelling and unique capabilities that support improved clinical outcomes.
- Improve our portfolio of market solutions through ongoing assessment of the healthcare landscape, insights gathered from industry sources, and market input from strategic sales support and customer success activities
- Understand the markets we serve and relevant healthcare trends, economic drivers, typical buying influences, and the competitive landscape and Lucem Health’s points of differentiation
- Identify and help prioritize product roadmap requirements based on solution opportunities.
- Creatively and thoughtfully assemble products and services from Lucem and its partners into differentiated, scalable solutions with broad market applicability
- Create Solution Briefs (documentation for use internally and with partners) and related materials to describe the opportunities and problems addressed by the Lucem solutions and define how the component technologies, products, and services will address these opportunities and problems
- Collaborate broadly across Lucem departments and with Lucem’s partners to create solution business plans and monitor results against such plans.
- Partner with Lucem’s product, engineering, marketing, implementation, and customer success teams to identify potential solution gaps or limitations, and
- In the short term, develop creative workarounds that deliver on solution objectives
- In the longer term, update and improve the solution to promote repeatability, scalability, and quality outcomes for Lucem customers.
Solution Promotion and Sales
- In collaboration with Lucem’s product and marketing teams, and our solution partners, support development of market-facing materials that describe the differentiated value proposition of our solutions
- Develop compelling demonstrations of Lucem’s market solutions, as well as necessary supporting materials for customer-facing team members
- Train other customer-facing team members on demos of market solutions
- Identify implementation requirements with respect to data, platform configuration, and customer engagement to anticipate deployment needs, possible pitfalls, and to ensure solution scope and pricing reflects actual requirements
- Throughout the sales process, provide support to sales and customer success team members on clinical and business benefits, product capabilities, and constraints
- For high priority sales pursuits (in partnership with customer facing teams), support the preparation of deal-specific materials and demos that convey to customers the benefits of our proposed solution, and serve as a SME on the solution.
This position is remote and reports to the General Manager, Solutions. Lucem Health is a remote work force that meets face-to-face occasionally to do collaborative work. This position will require occasional travel to customers and prospects, and to Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina, or to other cities, for collaboration with other Lucem Health employees.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Broad understanding of the healthcare industry, including cost drivers and value opportunities, and demonstrated experience creating scalable technology solutions that meet customer and prospect needs
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation), with extensive demonstrated experience explaining technical solutions in terms of business and clinical benefits to the customer; highly comfortable being “on stage” in front of senior level stakeholders
- Experience working with product and development teams on behalf of customers, representing the “voice of the customer”
- Ability to understand how solutioning decisions impact product roadmaps and development timelines
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively across teams without day-to-day management direction
- Demonstrated success as a motivated self-starter with the ability to work proactively with internal colleagues and external customer stakeholders
- 5+ years of solution development, product management or other prior experience in a customer/partner facing role
- An entrepreneur’s DNA and temperament
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- A servant leadership mindset: sees the team’s success as their success.